Sunday, October 12, 2008

A work in progress



The painting is called Rose for Durga. I started painting it on Friday and worked on it some on Saturday to get it to the state that it is now. For the background I have started a lace tablecloth pattern. I am trying to do a little different effect of saving some very light areas for the highlights and going very dark in the shadows to make the flower pop. Usually I would glaze the whole flower like I have on the left side, but I have saved the withe paper the right side with much lighter colors and cooler in hue with more of a purple tint. The left has a warmer color with rich reds, yellow, and oranges. Do you think this is working or should I glaze the whole flower to the same as the left side?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Birthday Party Ideas

My Headlines