Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Mahalakshmi Day



Wishes of prosperity, health, wealth and wisdom to everyone in our world family. We enjoyed a wonderful, warm fall day here.

I finished the painting Rose for Durga on Saturday. I am happy with how the rose turned out but I think I went a little too dark on the right of the background and covered up too much of the lace pattern. I guess next time I will be more careful. I darkened the red on most of the petals and made some of the shadows darker on the left. I did add a bit of yellow to the highlights which made it look much warmer.

Below is how the painting looked with all the lace pattern painted in.
Let me know what you think? Next, I will be making cards of the rose for sale at my etsy shop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Birthday Party Ideas

My Headlines